from freewaregenius.com December 27, 2011 at 07:31AM
Many sites have “best of year” program lists that are really “best of all time”; so is this one of them? Well, yes and no. This is a list of the best free software that has either been launched in 2011, or has been significantly improved upon and come into it’s own in 2011 (for a best freeware ever list, check out our Freeware Top 30).
How I chose these: I install a lot of programs, as you might imagine. I do this on my main machine and every several weeks I restore a clean image, so I take note of those programs that make their way back into my system as being a cut above the rest. This is a list of those, or at least 10 that are quite noteworthy. I also made an attempt NOT to rehash the same old list of titles which everyone already knows.
Here’s the list; note that the order is arbitrary:
- Wunderlist: task management on the PC and on your device
- Freemake Video Converter: powerful video conversion that is a delight to use
- Listary: real time file filtering of files and folders in Windows
- Comodo Programs Manager: monitors programs installs in real time to remove all traces on uninstall
- Paragon Backup & Recovery Free 2012: one of the best free disk imaging and backup software
- HaoZip: one of the best free zip/compression programs out there
- Otixo: manage various cloud storage services and accounts from a single place
- TunnelBear: dead simple VPN (Virtual Private Networking)
- LibreOffice: advanced, free Office Suite
- Cyberduck: all in one FTP, WebDAV, Cloud Storage, Amazon S3 and Google Documents desktop client: Continue reading