Dropbox Automator is a powerful web app that connects to your Dropbox account and monitors folders of your choice, performing automated actions you define when new files are detected. This can be anything from converting a document to PDF, resizing images and uploading them to Facebook, plus a whole lot more. More »
from Lifehacker December 29, 2011 at 11:30AM
from freewaregenius.com December 27, 2011 at 07:31AM
Many sites have “best of year” program lists that are really “best of all time”; so is this one of them? Well, yes and no. This is a list of the best free software that has either been launched in 2011, or has been significantly improved upon and come into it’s own in 2011 (for a best freeware ever list, check out our Freeware Top 30).
How I chose these: I install a lot of programs, as you might imagine. I do this on my main machine and every several weeks I restore a clean image, so I take note of those programs that make their way back into my system as being a cut above the rest. This is a list of those, or at least 10 that are quite noteworthy. I also made an attempt NOT to rehash the same old list of titles which everyone already knows.
Here’s the list; note that the order is arbitrary:
- Wunderlist: task management on the PC and on your device
- Freemake Video Converter: powerful video conversion that is a delight to use
- Listary: real time file filtering of files and folders in Windows
- Comodo Programs Manager: monitors programs installs in real time to remove all traces on uninstall
- Paragon Backup & Recovery Free 2012: one of the best free disk imaging and backup software
- HaoZip: one of the best free zip/compression programs out there
- Otixo: manage various cloud storage services and accounts from a single place
- TunnelBear: dead simple VPN (Virtual Private Networking)
- LibreOffice: advanced, free Office Suite
- Cyberduck: all in one FTP, WebDAV, Cloud Storage, Amazon S3 and Google Documents desktop client: Continue reading
The other day I noticed something strange happening. Google was using my URL as the Title instead of my own Title tag.
Upon seeing this I kind of freaked out and immediately went to check the Title settings on this post. Everything was in order but I was using the original ‘Stop Whining About (Not Provided)’ Title tag.
Throughout 2011 we have been bringing you five new social media tools each week to show our love for you.
Now that December has arrived, we are bringing you the ‘best of the best’ as we countdown our picks for the top 20 of the year. Instead of giving you the top five today, we’ll start at the other end of the chart and bring you 20 through to 16.
Next week we’ll bring you 15 to 11 before unveiling the last two installments just before Christmas.
Are you ready to find out who rounds out our top 20? OK!! Continue reading
Source: Designers of Tumblr
from Clients From Hell December 01, 2011 at 03:56PM